Thursday, November 19, 2009

Cinnamon Rolls


Today I decided to make chef Michael Smith's cinnamon rolls as part of the foodtv.ca's november cooking club challenge. I have only ever made cinnamon rolls once before, on a camping trip. Needless to say these looked and tasted MUCH better. Since I am a student I do not have the most luxurious kitchen, so some challenges I ran into with this recipie were no rolling pin and no stand mixer. So I had to use some creativity, I used a wooden spoon to mix the batter and then moved to my hands to finish the kneading. As for the rolling pin, I came up with a great alternative: an english cucmber! All in all this was a fun challenge, I stuck to his recipie but added walnuts for a delicious crunch. I am sure my rugby friends will be thrilled with their breakfast treat at our tournament on saturday!
Letting my dough rest

It got so big!

all rolled out

the finished product.. mmm!





1 comment:

  1. Hi Care
    Sounds delicious-- wish I could have one!
    Maybe you'll do a sample when you're back in Toronto
    xo
    Janet

    ReplyDelete