Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Sun-dried Tomato Risotto

Staring at the container of sun-dried tomatoes sitting on my counter I wondered what to do. The first thing I thought of was pasta, but that idea didn't have enough umph, so I decided to go with a risotto. A risotto looks and seems much more complicated than it actually is. I used the basic risotto recipe on the back of the abborio rice box, and just added the sun-dried tomatoes at the same time I added the rice.
sauteed onions (front) ; chicken broth (back)toasting the risotto and sun-dried tomatoesthe finished product

Recipe:
Sautee 1 finely chopped onion in 1tbsp olive oil on medium heat
Add 1 cup abborio rice and 10 diced sun-dried tomatoes, toast for 1 minute
Add 3 1/2 cups chicken broth, 1/2 a cup at a time, waiting until previous broth is almost all absorbed
When all chicken broth has been added, rice should be plump and ready to eat
Season with salt and pepper and add 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
Enjoy!

1 comment: