Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Chocolate Covered Matzo

Happy Passover! So I got invited to a potluck for Friday, and I decided to make matzo balls (the recipe will be up later) because many of my friends had never had matzo before. I had to buy a whole box of matzo, but the recipe only requires half a box so I had half left. Naturally, I thought of making chocolate covered matzo, it's just so tasty and super easy! I ended up running out of chocolate chips, so some pieces are just toffee covered, but still delicious!

preparing the toffee
spreading the toffee on the matzo
putting the chocolate on the matzo
ready to eat!!

Recipe:
Line baking sheets with tin foil and preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place 1/2 pound (7 pieces) of matzo on the sheets. Melt 1/2 a cup of butter with 1 cup brown sugar until it begins to boil. Spread the toffee mixture evenly over the matzo and place in the oven for 3-4 minutes. Take out and spread 8oz of chocolate chips across the matzo. Put in oven again form 1-2 mins, until the chocolate chips melt. Take out and spread the chocolate chips out with a knife. Put in the fridge to cool, and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment