Monday, March 22, 2010

Summer = Potato Salad

Summer (well really spring, but felt like summer) hit Halifax this weekend! The weather was UNBELIEVABLE! So for me, that meant one thing: Potato Salad. It just signifies summer to me, I love when my dad makes it, his recipe is sooo good, but requires a lot of ingredients that I just can't afford to buy for a one time use. So I made up my own dressing with 4 simple ingredients: lemon, olive oil, dijon mustard and balsamic vinegar. Its pretty tasty, and something nice to mix up my daily turkey sandwich lunch. Alas, the weather has gotten bad again, no big surprise here, so I will have to enjoy my my potato salad as a momentum to a great weather filled weekend.

clean cutup potatoes

making the dressing

ready to be demolished

Recipe:
Clean and cut 1lb mini potatoes and boil until tender in salted water. For the dressing, whisk 1tbsp dijon mustard, juice of 1 lemon, 1 tsp balsamic vinegar and 4-6tbsp of olive oil, until emulsified. When the potatoes are done, strain and immediately stir in dressing so the potatoes can soak it all in while they cool. Enjoy!

1 comment: